Established in 2008, Media Advocacy Group (MAG) is a not for profit organization which is comprised of members especially from in the field of media, advocacy and management. MAG advocates for contextual contemporary issues, particularly related to women, peace and security. It has also been focusing on effective implementation of international instruments and policies, national laws and action plans related to women in the country.
The mission of MAG is to create well informed, peaceful and gender equal society. It aims to achieve its goal through the following objectives:
– To advocate on contextual issues, particularly related to women, peace, and security
– To advocate on right to information and international instruments in relation to women issues such as Beijing Platform for Action (BPFA), CEDAW, UNSCR 1325 & 1820 for strengthening democracy
– To advocate and lobby for effective implementation of national laws polices and action plans related to women
– To advocate for safe migration
– To bridge the gap between media, and civil society
– Provide management services to development programme implementation
Role of Women in Nation Building: Conduction of training and orientation of 65 women from various sectors.
District Consultation Programme on Process for development of National Plan of Action on UNSCR 1325 and 1820: Organization of one day workshop with 70 local stakeholders related to women, peace and security. The project is funded by Peace Support Working Group lead by UNFPA.
Tel: (977) 01 501 1793