Join GNWP as a Junior Peacebuilding Influencer
Junior Peacebuilding Influencer
At the request of some of the Global Network of Women Peacebuilders’ (GNWP) members of the Young Women Leaders for Peace (YWL) program, GNWP is creating a remote volunteer position of “Junior Peacebuilding Influencer.” The position seeks to help increase young women’s experience in global communication strategies and peacebuilding advocacy, and provide them with an opportunity to strengthen their resume. The Junior Peacebuilding Influencer will support advocacy work in their region or country and in global advocacy fora.
GNWP is a coalition of women’s groups and other civil society organizations from Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America, Eastern and Western Europe, Middle East and the Arab world—mostly in conflict-affected countries—that are actively involved in advocacy and action for the full and effective implementation of the UN Security Council Resolutions (UNSCR) on women and peace and security; and youth and peace and security.
GNWP aims to amplify women’s voices for a more sustainable and inclusive peace. To achieve this aim, GNWP engages in four strategies:
- “Full cycle” implementation of the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) and Sustaining Peace agenda by providing technical and advocacy support to develop National Action Plans, their costing and budgeting, implementation and monitoring;
- Bringing the voices of local women and civil society to global policy forums;
- Empowering young women to become leaders in peacebuilding and sustaining peace; and
- Ensuring adequate and predictable funding for WPS and Youth, Peace and Security (YPS) Resolutions’ implementation.
The Junior Peacebuilding Influencer agrees to:
- Support GNWP with youth-specific projects and a particular focus on the Young Women Leaders for Peace program;
- Provide support in maintaining GNWP’s online presence on social media and in advocacy spaces, including UN and other international fora;
- Monitor and track UN Security Council activities on Women and Peace and Security (WPS); Youth, Peace and Security (YPS); and Sustaining Peace in your region/country;
- Provide support in the promotion of various programs and projects related to the advocacy for the effective implementation of UNSCR 1325, 1820, 2250 and the supporting resolutions on Women and Peace and Security (WPS) and Youth, Peace and Security (YPS) in your region/country;
- Actively engage on social media platforms where GNWP is active (Twitter; Facebook; Instagram) showcasing both in country-level work and global events relevant to GNWP and its partners; and
- Coordinate and liaise with the GNWP’s Regional Focal Points and Communications Coordinator for all tasks, as needed.
- Current or former member of GNWP’s Young Women Leaders for Peace program, or affiliated with one of GNWP’s member organizations in a region where the YWL program is not active;
- Particular interest in implementing global policies and international laws at the national and local levels; to national and community level and amplifying the voices of grassroots women and youth at the global level;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in English; and
- A creative outlook, enthusiasm and a fresh perspective.
To apply please send an expression of interest to GNWP’s Communications Coordinator (email@example.com) with the email subject line: Junior Peacebuilding Influencer – YOUR NAME
Full details are also available here.