Amplifying Women’s Stories: The Global #MediaFor1325 Award for the Implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda
The Global Media and WPS Award (#MediaFor1325) promotes and recognizes journalists and other media practitioners whose work contributes to the implementation of UNSCR 1325 on WPS. The award provides greater visibility to the winning articles from each country, highlighting the importance of women in building and sustaining peace. It also spotlights women’s roles as leaders, peacebuilders, and decision-makers, especially in the context of COVID-19 prevention and recovery. The Global Media and WPS Award also serves as an encouragement for other journalists from different parts of the world to develop engaging stories to promote the implementation of WPS and women’s leadership in building and sustaining peace.
Submitting to the Competition
- Must be a journalist from and working in a country that is part of OECD’s 2020 fragility framework;
- The submitted materials must be in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, or Russian;
- The submitted material must have been published after 1 January 2020 or be scheduled to be published no later than 31 December 2021 via print, online media (e.g., blogs), TV, or radio stations;
- The submitted material must contribute to promoting at least one of the four pillars of WPS (women’s meaningful participation; protection of women’s rights; conflict prevention; and gender-sensitive relief and recovery) and/or women’s contributions to addressing the COVID-19 pandemic and its impacts;
- The submitted material must be original and the work of the person submitting it.